The application deadline for Fall 2017 admission is December 1, 2016.
Minimal requirements: You must hold a Bachelors’ Degree from a regionally accredited college or university. If your degree does not include at least 9 credit hours in the social sciences such as education, sociology, psychology, etc., you may be required to complete those nine credits hours of study, but those 9 credits will not be counted toward your MA 51-Credit hours.
Please note that the Admissions Committee cannot make a decision about your application until the application is complete with all required information and materials.
- Assemble your application materials for the Graduate School:
- Personal Statement of Purpose
- Current resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Residence Affidavit
- TOEFL Scores (if a foreign student)
- PRAXIS Scores or Evidence of Waiver (please note: an application can be completed without evidence of PRAXIS passing scores, however, if accepted passing scores or evidence of a waiver must be shown prior to enrolling fall 2017.
- Official transcripts of all collegiate work (including UConn)
- Contact information for three references/recommenders1
- Complete the Application to the Graduate School (online preferred)
- Mail official transcripts of all collegiate work (including UConn) to:
- University of Connecticut
- Graduate Admissions Office
- 438 Whitney Rd Ext., Unit 115, Storrs, CT 06269-1006
1 During the application process, an applicant will be asked to provide contact information for three recommenders. The people submitting reference letters on your behalf may send their letters to our admissions office electronically through our application system. For those people who wish to submit their letter of reference on paper, please download and print a copy of our reference form and follow the directions for paper references. You must input the names and contact information for each provider, whether they will be submitting electronically or on paper. For those providers that wish to submit their letter electronically, be sure to mark “Yes” for the online submission question on the Provider Input Form.
The following current students can be contacted for the student perception of the program:
Yezenia Santos — email@example.com
Ayla Raes — firstname.lastname@example.org
Julia Barnett — email@example.com
Suzanne Brogie — firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel Couture — Daniel.email@example.com
Laura Sangster — firstname.lastname@example.org