A variety of specialty areas to choose from
Hands-on teaching experience
All Ph.D. students are required to complete 15 credit hours in measurement, research and evaluation. Beyond these core requirements, there is a variety of specialty areas for students to choose from that are suitable for their professional interest and career goals.
Once doctoral coursework is finished, students complete a comprehensive examination, prepare a dissertation proposal, and conduct, write and defend dissertation research.
Academics & Curriculum
Counselor Education Doctoral Degree Courses
- EPSY 5108 Instruction for Students with Special Needs in the Mainstream
- EPSY 5195 Post-Secondary Admissions Course
- EPSY 5301 Group Processes in Counseling
- EPSY 5304 School Counseling Program Development and Evaluation
- EPSY 5306 Principles of Career Development
- EPSY 5307 Professional Orientation for School Counselors
- EPSY 5308 Counseling Theory and Practice
- EPSY 5314 Appraisal Procedures in Counseling
- EPSY 5315 Counseling Techniques
- EPSY 5316 Cross-Cultural Counseling
- EPSY 5317 Fieldwork in School Counseling (Practicum)
- EPSY 5318 Human Development Over the Lifespan
- EPSY 5319 School Counseling Internship
- EPSY 5320 Critical Issues in Counseling
- EPSY 5406 Consultation Theories and Practices
- EPSY 5601 Principles and Methods in Educational Research
- Plus additional research methods courses?